Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Technical Architect (Product: Data InSights)
The Lead Technical Architect provides technical leadership on client engagement, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues. The Lead Technical Architect serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and is the escalation point for the Customer. The role may be expected to work across multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Provides technical leadership on client engagement including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues.
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Transforms customer requirements into technical blueprints
- Defines the complete technical infrastructure environment
- Serves as the point of escalation for architecture related activities on projects, and for the Customer.
- Maintains current knowledge of all relevant technology developments and seeks opportunities to deploy new technologies that benefit the client
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Performs Design / Code Review
- Participates in Conformance Reviews
- May work across multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ professional experience in software development.
- Or Master’s degree plus minimum of 10 year’s related professional experience.
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Deep experience with a breadth of technologies, including C#, SQL, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft Foundation technologies, SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Power BI, Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and configuration
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred, C#, XSLT, XML, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to identify and understand technology trends within the industry
- Deep professional experience with .Net Solutions, SQL, relational database design, Data Warehouse and Star Schema design, and Business Intelligence and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with SSIS and Power BI
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims preferred
- Travel: 50-75%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.