Technical Architect at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Who You Are
You have a passion for leading the design, development and delivery of innovative cloud, web and mobile applications while working on team-based projects. You are excited about and dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions for clients in a dynamic and constructive environment. You are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo and build other team members through technical and professional mentorship.
- Designing, documenting, and developing world-class enterprise applications using the full spectrum of enterprise technologies and design patterns
- Collaborating with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Defining the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements, and design, development, and deployment efforts
- Mentoring engineers in development best practices, design principles and advanced technologies
- Leading project teams through everyday project tasks
- Working with practice leadership on reviewing and learning new technologies and trends
- Ability to architect, develop and implement software products
- Deep hands-on knowledge of one or more of the following:
- JVM technologies: such as Java/Scala, Spring/Play/Jersey, Hibernate/JOOQ, Netflix OSS
- .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), .NET Core
- Strong background in relational databases, such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful service design
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience with designing, developing, and implementing across LINUX/UNIX and Windows server operating systems
- Skilled with the object-oriented UML artifacts sequence, class and component diagrams and user stories
- Displayed understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
- Proven experience leading development and/or project teams
- Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Strong customer-facing and communication skills
- Mobile Applications - Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Hybrid (Xamarin, Ionic, etc.)
- Non-Relational Databases - MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, BigTable.
- Cloud Architecture – AWS / Azure / GCP
- DevOps CI/CD
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law. Slalom Welcomes And Encourages Applications From People With Disabilities. Accommodations Are Available On Request For Candidates During All Aspects Of The Selection Process. Please Advise The Recruiter To Ensure Your Accessibility Needs Are Accommodated. Information Received Relating To Accommodation Will Be Addressed Confidentially.