Do you value rewarding projects, flexibility, access to training, and working with great people in a positive culture?
We do too!
Experience what it’s like to be part of a team that helps drive our software content and enables our customers to use our software with confidence. Successful Technical Engineers should have a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. This role will be part of the Content Management/Design & Services (CMDS) Team responsible for developing the content included in our Corptax software.
- Research, design, code, document, and implement new technologies and tools used within the organization.
- Work closely with software engineers within the Corptax Development organization to upgrade our overall architecture and technologies used within our software products.
- Coordinate with the Development and Product Teams to ensure that tools and technologies used within the CMDS organization meet our overall product requirements.
- Assist with customer-facing consulting projects that require specific technical skill sets (e.g., implementing our web services API for clients, implementing software best practices, etc.).
- Coordinate with the Development Team on required technology updates.
- Identify software-related issues with the tools used within CMDS and coordinate with the Development Team to address the issues (either with Development or CMDS resources).
- Become a subject matter technical expert on specific tools to ensure effective use of the tool within the CMDS organization.
Additional project management responsibilities:
- Working with the Management Team, ensure projects assigned are managed appropriately, completed on time, within budget, and based on the project’s scope.
- Ensure appropriate testing, documentation, and end-user training is completed for all technology updates and code written and created.
- Act as an internal software engineering consultant to the CMDS end users. This includes understanding, documenting, and maintaining updates to the Corptax CMDS technical architecture. These updates will be used as training materials for new hires in how the tools used within CMDS are structured and used by the team to create our work product.
- Advising clients on the best uses of Corptax technology, working with customers on technical and engineering issues associated with the use of the Corptax product, and ensuring successful customer engagements.
Required education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Data Management, or related field.
- Minimum three years of software design and development experience. Exposure to financial systems (e.g., general ledger, tax, accounting systems) a plus.
- Technical skills including:
- Visual Studio, Azure DevOps
- Windows Server, IIS
- MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python), ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tools, and data visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx).
- Prior COBOL experience useful (though not required).
- Demonstrated experience working as an internal or external consultant with end users. Exhibits a consulting flair, along with the ability to understand end user process challenges (ideally around financial, accounting, or tax-related systems), design process improvements, and deliver solutions to achieve target metrics.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive compensation and benefits programs, including 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision plans, and vacation are just a few of the many ways we take care of our employees.
- Continuous on-the-job training, mentoring, and the opportunity to learn from experienced and talented professionals. Career ownership with opportunities to drive your career forward and advance.
- Opportunity to work with top customers directly and have an immediate and direct impact on their work and success.
- A casual work environment with flexible schedules and work-from-home options (now and post-COVID-19).
- Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we’re one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We’re better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion—we call it being genuine. CSC Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CSC Corptax is a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. We’re transforming tax through technology, business process expertise, and award-winning support. Our clients achieve breakthrough performance using the first and only single system on the market for end-to-end tax. Our unmatched automation aligns processes, enhances speed and transparency, improves analytics, and lowers risk across the tax life cycle. CSC Corptax provides solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500® and 60% of the Fortune 100, and has been nationally recognized as a top company to work for in Illinois and Texas.#LI-DNP #Corptax #Remote
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
• CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
• We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
• Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
• CSC offers excellent benefits, medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings account. We also offer you 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
• Our global standard for our work environments supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points with wireless access throughout the campus. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.