Technical Lead at NVISIA
Technical Lead (We are not offering sponsorship roles at this time)
Feel like you could help drive and lead a solution development?
Would you like to keep your technical learning curve and deliver in a way that makes sense?
Would you like to work with people who are excited about technology and have the chance to mentor others?
WHO IS NVISIA?
NVISIA is a consulting firm focused in application development with over 26 years of successful project delivery. We partner with our clients to define their development standards, tune their processes and deliver their most critical applications. We work collaboratively with them, filling key leadership roles in their teams. We are constantly impressing clients with just how much we can do.
Our consultants are full-time employees who move with us from one client project to the next. To adapt to technology changes between projects, an NVISIA consultant must have true technical skill. To work directly with our clients, an NVISIA consultant must also be a good communicator with a strong sense of teamwork.
NVISIA offers one of the best environments for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, overtime, and medical/dental/vision insurance. By joining the NVISIA team, your brain WILL be used, your hard work WILL be rewarded, and the projects you work on WILL have impact.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
The Technical Lead is responsible for application design, implementation and deployment on small technical engagements or sub-teams of large projects. The Technical Lead may be responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team. In this role the Technical Lead is expected to routinely demonstrate their technical leadership while gaining the respect of their teammates.
Applicants must be comfortable with 20% regional travel.
- 5+ years of strong Java programming experience
- Captures basic functional requirements with Use Cases
- Captures basic constraining requirements in a supplementary specification
- Follows Use Cases as functional specification for development
- Identifies and fill gaps in Use Case specification
- Works with clients and project team members to develop and document requirements
- Assists in establishing project design standards
- Transforms requirements into high-level software designs
- Attention to object-oriented design principles
- Attention to software quality, using tools such as source control, unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with common Java frameworks such as Spring, Struts or Hibernate
- Develops necessary technical documentation/technical writing
- Oversees technical architecture and development for projects at a tactical and strategic level
- Act as primary technical liaison with application development and the project teams
- Stays abreast of new technologies with the goal of utilizing new technology to enhance current capabilities or deliver new functionality
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Working on various projects in various technical environments
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Experience mentoring Software Engineers and Developers in the delivery of high-quality software
- Assists in the interview and integration processes when asked
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional experience
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering or science / technology-based discipline
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.