Technical Quality Analyst
Technical Quality Analyst
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a diligent Technical Quality Analyst. Is it you?
You are a person of great determination and resilience. You have an excellent understanding of walking in the user’s shoes, and know exactly what to look for in the usability of a product. Quick to recognize errors and potential concerns, you give careful attention to everything you review and are clear in explaining changes that need to be made. Your standards are high and you take ownership in final products being the best they can be.
Here’s what a Technical Quality Analyst does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Conduct routine and non-routine post-release/implementation tests using a variety of testing devices and procedures to maintain product quality.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases, and alter quality assurance test plans according to product specifications.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of testing standard processes, and systems that align with industry standards.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback, and work closely with development teams to understand technical details.
- Identify, record, and document potential quality issues and bugs, and escalate the issue to management when necessary.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved, and prepare quality reports for internal review.
- Analyze data and recommend potential improvements in the quality system.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
You bring a lot to the table.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven experience as a QA tester or in a similar role.
- Experience in project management, QA methodology, and software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, test automation, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Solid product management fundamentals, preferably in SaaS or consumer websites/apps.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.