Technical Support Engineer
Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as a Technical Support Engineer! The individual for this role will have superb technical skills and a background with B2B applications. You will have the ability to resolve and fix technical issues and drive continuous improvements. If this is you.. then let’s meet! At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
About the Role:
As a Technical Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape Nexgen’s future. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous and reliability of mission critical business applications on Microsoft Azure cloud platform. The position will require operational hours of coverage and after hours work to respond as necessary to resolve business application issues.
- Monitor, manage and maintain production business applications hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud
- Triage and resolve support tickets related to application functionality, performance and system availability
- Detect and resolve issues in a proactive manner before they can affect production platform
- Develop and execute tests scripts to ensure application code meet business requirements and performance standards
- Work with offshore team to perform regular design and code reviews before release deployment
- Perform technical research to enable continuous improvements, implement best practices and procedures to ensure software application design and systems adhere to standards
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of strong hands on development experience in Microsoft environment utilizing C#, ASP. Net, and SQLServer database, preferably on Azure platform
- Experience with the design, development and support of B2B, e-commerce or supply chain applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information System, Computer Science or related discipline with experience and track record of maintaining mission critical applications
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud environment is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently pinpoint and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly to fluid environments and take initiative to solve problems and issues
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and test automation techniques
- Good teamwork with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, independent and proven ability to work under pressure
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!