Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016-2020 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Slalom's Chicago team is currently seeking a Principal Consultant within the Technology Enablement practice that will empower our clients design and deliver creative high-quality solutions. Principals build lasting relationships with business, technical, and vendor partner groups to help define outcome-based solutions that deliver long-term value to our clients. Successful Principals help our clients take on their biggest problems with creative business focused technology solutions.
· Lead the technical approach for Cloud & DevOps capabilities and provide oversight across multiple projects, working directly with both client and Slalom teams
· Help grow our practice by crafting solution offerings, developing thought leadership in the DevOps community, and leading teams
· SME to drive all aspects of business development pursuit deliverables (proposals, SOWs)
· Mentor our Cloud & DevOps engineers to achieve their potential
· Help Slalom grow through creation of IP and education of our consultants
· Contribute to quality assurance review activities for areas of expertise
· Develop new client/alliance relationships
· Assist direct reports in identifying growth goals and finding and approving development opportunities consistent with those growth goals
· Manage the staffing and performance feedback processes for direct reports
· Participate in recruiting efforts
· 10+ years of progressively responsible technology and leadership experience.
· Continuous Delivery pipeline design and implementation experience
· Hands on public cloud configuration and application migration experience (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
· Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM)
· Software development experience using at least 2 of the following: C#, Java, Scala, Python, C++, Clojure, F#, Swift, Kotlin
· Solid Agile and Lean methodology experience, including collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
· Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
· Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution
· Experience supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment
· Strong analytical problem-solving ability
· Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For:
· AWS and/or Azure certifications
We're An Equal Opportunity Employer, And Strive To Find Ways To Attract, Develop, And Retain Highly Qualified Individuals Representing The Diverse Communities In Which We Live. Decisions And Criteria Concerning The Employment Relationship With All Employees Are Made In A Non-Discriminatory Manner, Without Regard To Race, Color, Creed, Religion, Gender, National Origin, Ancestry, Age, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Veteran's Status, Citizenship, Disability (As Defined By Applicable Law) Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.