Technology Manager of DevOps
What you’ll be doing:
Enova is seeking a Technology Manager to lead our growing DevOps team of engineers who automate all aspects of our cloud and on premise infrastructure. As we migrate more of our services to the cloud, you will set the architectural direction and partner with our technology leadership to drive forward new initiatives. You will oversee a team responsible for the system and infrastructure automation of Enova’s services with a heavy focus on AWS, Chef, and Terraform.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Directly manage a team of engineers and facilitate their workload, performance, and growth
- Connect with internal stakeholders to understand their priorities and help them deliver on business and department goals
- Grow, build, and nurture our cloud environment as we expand our hybrid infrastructure
- Research, implement, and share best practices for configuration management, Infrastructure as Code, and managing distributed systems
- Oversee your team’s success as they solve problems pertaining to application performance, stability, and deployment
- Maintain an international AWS cloud infrastructure in a highly dynamic environment
What you should have:
- Leadership experience with direct reports
- Ability to establish strong personal connections, foster relationships, and inspire a team
- Strong technical knowledge to apply to a DevOps organization
- Experience running services in self-hosted and cloud-hosted environments
- Focus on system automation in a Linux environment
- Expertise with configuration management / Infrastructure as Code tools and concepts
- Experience managing web application systems in a reliable, redundant, and scalable fashion
About our team:
We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack is: Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian/Ubuntu Linux. Our DevOps team works with AWS, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, VMware, and Jenkins. While experience with these specific technologies is a bonus, it is not required for the role. By automating the infrastructure, our DevOps team supports all of our services developed by our Software Engineering Team and run by our Technical Operations Team.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.