Test Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
- Seeking a person who is interested in Test Engineering and has a Radio Frequency (RF) background.
- You will develop test processes, test plans, test fixtures, test programs and documentation for both board and system level test.
- You will work with the project team to develop test strategies, perform product validation and facilitate transition from development to production release.
- You will track and analyze failures, identify issues, help engineering to drive root cause analysis, recommend corrective actions
- You will support launch of new processes\capacity into factory.
- You will be part of a team that roadmaps ATE test capabilities.
- You will direct and mentor test technicians
What we are looking for:
- Ability to read and comprehend complex technical specifications.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad number of topics including PLLs, RF switches, RF Mixers, Receivers, Transmitters, and LNA’s.
- Familiarity with RF measurements on ATE and bench, such as s-parameters, phase noise, IP2/IP3, and P1dB compression.
- Programming skills (LabVIEW or Python experience a plus).
- Experience with RF test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer, Network analyzer, Signal generator, and RF components.
- Experience in wireless technologies, including Cellular protocols, Wi-Fi, and GPS.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work with team members, and management staff.
- He/she should be self-directed with good planning and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.