Test Engineer at Pareto Intelligence
- Assigned primarily to Pipeline, Big Data, and ETL projects. Focus will be mining and setup of test data, Gherkin documentation, and execution.
- Responsible for participating in testing activities and creating deliverables for all phases of the Testing Lifecyle in accordance with the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) and Development Process compliance requirements.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and collaborative sessions with the project team (defect triage, requirements analysis, testing approaches, testing tool usage, training).
- Administrator for the test management repository, setup, and maintenance (ALM Octane).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years as a software tester preferably Pipeline, ETL, and/or Big Data
- 2+ years writing complex SQL queries for testing procedures
- 1+ years as an analyst responsible for requirements documentation
- Experience with determining data requirements for testing
- Experience designing and writing Gherkin for automation
- Gherkin is a MUST!
- SQL is a MUST!
- Certification a plus
- Familiar with Healthcare data is a plus
- Automation experience (e.g., Java, C#, Scala) is a plus
- Experience working in Agile environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Python and Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills will be a must for this role – the right candidate must be able to develop clear and concise test cases and test scripts.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and task responsibilities simultaneously and switch among them quickly to meet project delivery needs.
- Practical time-management skills are required. Working knowledge of estimating work and actions to complete tasks. Timely deliveries are a high expectation.
- Experience using a Test Management tool preferably ALM Octane.
- Experience with web services and APIs testing using API testing frameworks (e.g., Rest Assured, JMeter, SOAP- UI, Postman).
- Experience testing applications and/or sites that utilize REST services.
- Comfortable learning new technologies and software.
- Working knowledge of general testing principles and best practices.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet project delivery needs.
- Interest in continuous improvement and to play an active role in TCoE maturity.
- Self-starter that can work effectively with well-defined to ambiguous testing inputs.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm for learning.
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.