Testing and Optimization Manager
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ShopRunner Analytics team drives insights in every aspect of our business including marketing, product, and partner relationships. The Testing Optimization Manager will report to the head of Analytics and be a critical part of the ShopRunner Analytics team, overseeing test analytics and growing the test-and-learn program. This person will work directly with business stakeholders, be the expert on testing strategy, and ensure the quality of test analysis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You’ll partner with Marketing, Partner Success and Product teams to understand experimentation requirements, devise test plans, and advise on testing best practices.
- Own the company-wide view on site testing efforts by driving testing program metrics and communicating about the impact and activities of the testing program
- Work closely with the Data Platform product and engineering teams to develop and improve testing tools.
- Be the expert on test methodologies and analyses for the organization. Establish analysis standards and oversee the quality of test results, both those you’ll analyze yourself and those done by others in the Analytics team.
- Identify opportunities for tests by exploring data
- Become an expert on our internal data and systems as well as our partner’s overall business as it relates to ShopRunner
- Identify data issues and drive improvements in data hygiene
- Present your analyses and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience of relevant work experience
- BS in a relevant technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Expert in the statistics and methodologies used in A/B and multivariate testing
- Understanding of experimental design for the purpose of thinking strategically about the interaction effects of tests with internal (e.g. marketing campaigns) and external factors (e.g. weather, seasonality)
- Familiar with Optimizely, Adobe Target, or other site testing tools
- Familiar with tools and strategies for testing on mobile devices e.g. Taplytics
- Solid foundation with analytics, deep understanding of the details of solving data problems
- Expert at SQL and Excel for querying and manipulating large volume of data for analysis and visualization
- Excited about the opportunities in a startup and unfazed by the ambiguity and fast-paced culture that come with it
- Proactive with a problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Understanding of eCommerce industry, product, and marketing concepts
- Understanding of agile development practices
- Experience with creating dashboards/reports using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.