TRADING SYSTEM ANALYST
GX2 Systems is a small but highly productive team of financial market professionals focused on providing the most efficient level of trade execution and risk management tools in global electronic markets. GX2 fosters an open environment where individuals perform at their peak through constant collaboration as a group across disciplines.
The Trading System Operator will cover the Asian trading session from GX2 System’s headquarters in Chicago. This team member will be responsible for monitoring and supporting both a groundbreaking execution system as well as a web-based real-time middle and back-office risk system. The hours of coverage are Sunday 4:00 pm to 12:30 am CST and Monday through Thursday 3:00 pm to 12:30 am CST.
- Monitor trading system processes and manually intervene to start/stop when necessary
- Intensive monitoring trading system activity and risk throughout the shift, escalate issues to management
- Take client calls and answer questions regarding the trading platform
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM or related field of study
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
- Position requires heavy use of email, IM, and telephone communication with both management and system users/clients
- Outstanding analytical skills and passion for investigative research
- Prior experience in a trading or financial services environment preferred
- Familiarity with Linux OS, Windows System Administration, and Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with basic troubleshooting of networks: ping, nslookup, traceroute, netstat, telnet
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
- Bash, SSH
GX2 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. GX2 does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.