Trading System Software Developer
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Trading System Software Developer, you will be an integral member of a team of experienced technologists, quantitative researchers, and traders. Your team will work closely to solve challenging technological problems by contributing to our full tech stack, from hardware and software development to grid computing. We are looking for individuals eager to learn new technologies to create innovative solutions and choose the right tools to directly impact our business. You will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology, given immediate responsibility, mentored by industry-leading engineers, and attend a robust training program, all to provide you with the best possible environment to succeed at DRW.
How you will make an impact…
- Design, develop, test and deploy proprietary software including:
- Trading strategy simulation software optimized for distributed computation
- Large scale data acquisition, storage, accessibility, and visualization
- Ultra low-latency trading strategies
- Complex algorithmic trading systems
- Real time trade management and risk analysis platforms
- Low level optimizations for data processing
- Fully automated trading strategies
- Adapters for exchange protocols
- Robust inter process communication mechanisms
- Analyze and tune system performance
- Collaborate with experienced teammates to learn and implement bespoke solutions that balance speed, features, and cost to improve our technology stack
What you bring to the team…
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or any related engineering discipline graduating between December 2018 and June 2019 (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- Excellent software development skills in modern C++, Python, or Java
- Skills in network programming (TCP/IP), multi‐threaded applications, computational intelligence, real‐time programming or GUI programming
- A strong understanding of object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A solid foundation in programming with the ability to think, communicate, and code clearly
- Strong communication skills to advocate your ideas in a clear and concise manner to the team
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and thoughtful collaboration.