Trading Systems Developer at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in Foreign Exchange, Derivatives and Equities trading. We are in search of a talented Trading Systems Developer to join our engineering team that is responsible for building our next generation trading and risk systems!
Our Trading Systems Team is responsible for designing and developing all aspects of our trading system including order management systems, market data parsers, security master servers, risk systems, and all integration points with third party APIs -- continuously evolving and improving our system for scalability, performance, and reliability. You will be collaborating with global Risk and Trading team members to coordinate a seamless cycle of gathering requirements, implementation, release, and ongoing support.
- Design and develop high quality, high performance trading systems software written in C++ to meet deliverable timelines and requirements
- Adhere to and embrace proper software development life cycle process and Agile methodologies
- Build business level subject matter expertise in trading systems functionality and processing
- Work closely with the Risk and Trading teams to define and implement API services that are scalable and easy to consume
- Manage application deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch
- Provide second level support for production on an ad hoc basis
- Identify bottlenecks in the system and address them as needed so that the system can scale well with the business needs
- Stay aware of industry trends and develop innovative solutions for managing our risk exposure
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred
- Excellent software design skills and advanced knowledge of data structures
- Must have strong C++ knowledge and debugging skills in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of multithreading concepts and distributed systems
- Experience working with database interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC, Hibernate etc.
- Experience with performance tuning and exposure to latency sensitive development techniques
- Hands-on familiarity with CI/CD tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Jira
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Kafka, NATS, ELK stack etc. a plus
- Experience in building trading systems to support multiple asset classes is a strong plus
- Working knowledge of RESTful Web-Services, JSON, networking protocols