DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are looking for a Trading Systems Engineer for our Chicago office. This role will be responsible for aspects of our trading infrastructure that support our trading operations and feeds our research. You will collaborate with experienced colleagues to build new technology. Your work will integrate the best new network and compute technologies with our internally developed hardware and software to operate our industry leading trading system architecture.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a team consisting of researchers, traders, and developers to architect, expand and maintain high performance trading and research systems.
- Take ownership of our infrastructure; designing and implementing new deployment solutions.
- Evaluate options and propose solutions that address scalability, reliability, performance, and troubleshooting requirements.
- Investigate and quickly resolve system issues.
- Work with engineers to improve system performance, resolve sources of latency, and improve stability.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan changes/upgrades/expansions to our trading system with Data Center, Networking, Purchasing, and others.
- Build out system automation for repeat processes and reliability.
- Integrate and monitor various systems that make up our trading stack.
- Identify and evaluate new and cutting-edge technologies.
What you will need:
- 5-7 years Linux experience; minimum of 2 years of working on infrastructure in a trading system environment strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications including comprehensive understanding of the Linux TCP-IP stack, use of multicast networking, and network protocol interactions.
- Experience performance tuning of Linux on x86_64 based systems.
- Experience with Linux administration including deployment and configuration management.
- Hands on development experience in scripting languages like Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Familiar with compilation and packaging of open source software like Redis, Python, or Ruby; including reading and modifying Makefiles.
- Solid diagnostic capabilities from the application layer through the network and low level hardware.
- Experience with network capture and time synchronization.
- Experience with network offload and kernel bypass systems a plus.
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.