Trading Systems Engineer (Early Career) at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Trading Systems Engineer (Early Career)
Gemini is looking for a smart, self-motivated, and hands on software developer to join our fast-growing engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact at a firm at the forefront of an exciting and rapidly growing industry.
We’re not only building the most secure and trusted digital asset exchange for institutional and retail customers alike, but we’re pushing the boundaries on how digital assets can empower the individual and literally change the future of money. We need software engineers and developers who bring fresh experience, ideas, and creativity to meet this ambitious vision.
You’ll be working with some of the best engineers and digital asset experts in the industry and collaborate on cutting-edge projects that deal with massive datasets, low-latency trading, large-scale distributed system design, networking, data storage, security, UI design, and mobile clients to name just a few!
- Collaborate with your team and the other teams at Gemini to design, build, and maintain low-latency, high-throughput, and highly-scalable backend services which help with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Enhance our infrastructure services so our customers can continue to trade assets reliably and safely as our platform and user base experience rapid growth.
- Work with other engineers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn our technical vision into tangible product roadmaps.
- Solid understanding of computer science principles including but not limited to algorithms and algorithm efficiency, data structures, operating systems, database systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles, tools, techniques, and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to write well-organized, efficient, and safe code.
- Experience with one or more high-level languages such as C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with source control, unit testing frameworks, compilers, and build systems.
- Project work that demonstrates your ability to write software that solves problems and/or shows off your creative and logical thinking.
- Experience or internships in digital assets, financial services, capital markets, regulatory compliance and/or related industries.
- Track record of success with results and demonstrated ability to execute.
- Experience with one or more strongly-typed languages such as C++, Java, or Rust.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.