Trading Systems Engineer/DevOps
IMC financial markets – Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
IMC is currently looking for a multi-talented and passionate Trading Systems/DevOps Engineer to play a critical role in maintaining and perfecting our trading systems. You will be part of highly experienced team, facing the daily challenge of managing a critical, high volume data flow in a complex trading environment distributed over a high speed data infrastructure. In this role you will be exposed to many technical and trading challenges while ensuring high availability, stability and performance of the end-to-end environment.
The skills necessary to excel could range from system administration, network troubleshooting, database tuning, development, release management and performance engineering. This role provides daily challenges as no day is the same as the next. In other words, this role, unlike any other at IMC, opens up possibilities to make considerable impact as part of a dedicated, dynamic team, both locally and globally.
What we ask for
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (experience with Docker a plus).
- Excellent command of Python and/or Bash scripting.
- Experience and/or desire to utilize Big Data technologies.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in our organizations towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions in order to continuously enhance our systems and processes.
TECHNOLOGY AT IMC:
IMC operates in an ever changing environment where we continually challenge each other to come up with the best results. Ultimately, we expect you to add value all around, working from the lowest levels of our platforms up to our most concrete trading problems.
On the technology side, we believe we need to continuously improve ourselves in order to stay ahead in the game. Accordingly, we encourage interaction between all Engineers across teams, advocate continual training to stay up-to-date with developments outside of IMC, and support your continued personal and professional development.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney and Zug. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.