Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are looking for a Trading Systems Support Engineer to join our Cumberland cryptoassets trading team in Chicago. This role will be responsible for providing first level support for Cumberland systems used to research and trade cryptoassets globally. You will interface with external and internal end users to ensure they are able to use Cumberland systems effectively. A global team of DevOps and Software Engineers will be available for issue escalation. Support tools and monitoring systems are in place to provide the resources necessary to be effective.
• Help create easily repeatable patterns for common support tasks
• Maintain external user settings and configuration using provided support tools
• Action external user requests ensuring the proper validation has taken place
• Onboard users to various environments
• Confirm whether external user certification submissions have passed or not; work with users who have not passed certification to advise them on how to progress towards success
• Monitor external user chat systems for any questions or issues
• Internal trade system configuration management
• Local testing of configuration changes before committing
• Address alerts from internal monitoring systems, escalating where appropriate
• Consistently challenge the norm and advocate for change
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Prior experience supporting mission critical systems
• Linux command line experience
• Experience using git
• Flexibility to take off-hours support calls as needs dictate
• Demonstrated knowledge of databases and executing SQL preferred
• Scripting experience, preferably in Python, is a plus
• Ability to learn quickly; a passion for technology
• Self-motivated to continually expand skillset and improve supported systems
• Demonstrated high level of ownership and accountability
• Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
• Strong organizational skills, including planning, prioritization, and documentation
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.