Trading Tools Developer - Systems Engineer at IMC Trading
LIFE AT IMC AS TRADING TOOLS DEVELOPER - SYSTEMS ENGINEER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is currently looking for a multi-talented and passionate Trading Systems/DevOps Engineer to play a critical role in maintaining and perfecting our trading systems. You will be part of highly experienced team, facing the daily challenge of managing a critical, high volume data flow in a complex trading environment distributed over a high speed data infrastructure. In this role you will be exposed to many technical and trading challenges while ensuring high availability, stability and performance of the end-to-end environment.
The skills necessary to excel could range from system administration, network troubleshooting, database tuning, development, release management and performance engineering. This role provides daily challenges as no day is the same as the next. In other words, this role, unlike any other at IMC, opens up possibilities to make considerable impact as part of a dedicated, dynamic team, both locally and globally.
What we ask for
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (experience with Docker a plus).
- Excellent command of Python and/or Bash scripting.
- Experience and/or desire to utilize Big Data technologies.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in our organizations towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions in order to continuously enhance our systems and processes.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.