UI SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Join the team in Cat Digital building the next generation dealer web application that is used by Caterpillar dealers across the world. This asset condition monitoring application provides a consolidated view of all equipment data in a single application that incorporates analytic capabilities. By taking advantage of new predictive analytic models, we can efficiently help to monitor the condition of assets, identify upcoming service needs, extend maintenance intervals, avoid costly failures, and deliver on the value promises of caterpillar dealers.
Developing the latest user-facing features using React.js
- Designing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
- As a React.js Developer, you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years or more of experience with modern UI frameworks and libraries such as TypeScript, React (or Angular/Vue), Redux (or Context API), Jest and Webpack
- Very good communication and presentation skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience in working as full stack developer using Java as backend
- Proven experience in some of the following,
- Designing, developing and maintaining intuitive and performant UI using React JS
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- UI middleware and mocking technologies and tools such as Redux-Saga and Mirage JS
- Experience working with API development and testing tools like Swagger and Postman
- Test driven development and behavior driven development using Cucumber.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.