At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Our UI Software Engineer will be instrumental to Braviant’s success by individually contributing to the designs and implementations of Braviant’s flexible, highly scalable online lending platform. A successful UI Software Engineer will be actively engaged on a team of engineers working through Braviant’s SDLC from requirement analysis and design through production deployment while contributing to our next-generation lending web application Balance Credit. They will expand upon our Angular based lending platform’s frontend and public website to grow the business. This UI Software Engineer will be working collaboratively with other frontend, backend, database, and QA engineers on designs and implementations to grow our business while reporting directly to the Frontend Architect.
What you'll be doing
- You will be working on a squad of collaborative engineers on a sprint by sprint basis to understand business requirements, translate them into designs, build, and deploy those features and finally support the features through production release and beyond.
- Collaborate with the Frontend Architect to enhance our frontend Angular framework and ensure Braviant is using the best technologies to meet our business needs.
- Design and build with the architect and product team, to help define the best overall user experience for our customers.
- Develop our application and company websites to enhance functionality and user experience
- Become a subject matter expert on all things frontend and guiding other engineers in best practices for frontend development.
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of hands-on programming experience using Angular and other frontend related technologies.
- 3+ years of experience working in teams of engineers in an Agile software environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Angular, TypeScript, CSS.
- Solid understanding of contemporary frontend design patterns and architectural concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, or a related field for entry into the position preferred.
What makes you stand out:
- Strong experience with User Experience design.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Scrum.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Full stack development experience.
- An internal drive to consistently stay up to date on current and next versions of technologies, thinking about how next versions can enhance the functionality of products.
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description