Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
A UI/UX developer will work closely with other members of Sphera Cloud engineering development team to deliver a high-quality interface for our Cloud product on web and mobile. This is a great opportunity in a market leading company.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Exciting evolution phase of our market leading software Cloud platform and working closely with the existing lead UI/UX developer to extend the team that companywide provides a lynchpin in the product and development team reporting to the head of development
- Design and implement front end while working closely with developers to help generate requirements for backend system development
- Work with other developers on the Sphera Cloud development team on implementation of common functions
- Work with Sphera Cloud development team to support and maintain existing production code in the field and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our client base
- Interact with Quality assurance personnel during systems testing phases of application development
- Develop documentation including help text, report samples and screen samples
Languages and technologies with exposure and experience:
- Minimum of five years of related experience
- Microsoft stack, Visual Studio, ASP.Net, SQL Server, Azure DevOps
- Bootstrap, React and other responsive web user interface frameworks
- React with Redux experience
- Product accessibility, usability experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM required
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.