At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Front-End Software Engineer to join our team. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing elements that users see and interact with, making your role crucial for the success of our business.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll do at Amount
- Use React to build world-class single-page applications for our expanding financial platform
- Mentor and lead team members of varying skill levels
- Enable cross-functional teams within the front-end ecosystem
- Explore exciting new technologies like Progressive Web Apps
- Work with Design Tokens in Figma to abstract values out of design mockups
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, testing, teaching, but most importantly learning
What you might own:
- Amount’s Front-End Component library (FEC) built in React and Styled-Components
- Ensuring Accessibility Compliance (WCAG version 2.1 AA) while expanding on our current best practices
- Developing UI components in isolation for React using Storybook
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience of Web Development
- You have advanced knowledge of W3C Accessibility Guidelines
- You understand the intricacies of layout and semantic markup without reliance on frameworks
- Atomic Design, Responsive Web Design, and Mobile-First principles are an integral part of your workflow
- You enjoy working with Designers to take HTML and CSS assets and bring them to life with React and Styled-Components
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that not all positions will be remote long-term and some teams and positions have an expectation to join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description