Unica Campaign Management Architect
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Join the Campaign Management Application team as a Value Stream Architect (VSA). We’re looking for passionate, collaborative individuals that can help shape the evolution and modernization of Campaign Management at Discover.
The VSA is primarily responsible for designing and overseeing end-to-end solutions for the Campaign Management environment and platform. We are looking for someone with strong full-stack development experience and the ability to provide technical direction to more junior developers, as well as assist with planning and design of components. The ability to reverse engineer legacy systems and provide road-maps for modernization is crucial.
From a design standpoint, the candidate will be expected to lead our developers, to logically and physically architect secure and efficient solutions to often complex problems. On the software engineering side, the candidate will take the lead in ensuring that our coders and testers are developing solutions that are in-line with our architectural patterns, as well as follow our Security Policies and Procedures.
At the same time, the candidate will be involved and working with our Agile teams’ structure. This includes Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Security, Architects, PMO, and other Infrastructure teams to identify technical and functional system needs and estimates, while helping the developers continuously improve to deploy solutions to achieve software excellence. To that end, the candidate must thrive in a fast-pace, constantly changing and evolving environment. The candidate must be capable of demonstrating advanced and strong Thought and Results Leadership skills, with a view that supports the vision and mission of our team, department, and company.
Works on analysis, design solutions, development and supports application software. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation.
- Actively contributes to the department’s developer community to support technical initiatives and provides input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a Scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer. Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals. Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Scope business project requirements for application impact
- Design and develop applications in an Agile environment utilizing test driven development methodologies
- Provide proof of concepts to illustrate new technologies, address business initiatives, and or technology related issues.
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
- Collaborate with the various business units, vendor partners, and technical infrastructure groups to achieve high availability and project delivery.
- Collaborate with our Agile Systems team and vendors to apply patches, hotfixes, etc.
- Collaborate with our Agile Systems team to lead major version upgrades
- Maintenance activities associated with Infrastructure or business requested changes
- Support activities during production events
- Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
- Actively contribute to the developer community to support our Cloud native journey
- Provide strong technical leadership and direction within the team
- Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with framework and API design
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Batch)
- JSON/XML processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus
- Data Technologies: Oracle, Teradata, SAS
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS, Snowflake
- Strong Linux shell/batch scripting knowledge
- Strong understanding of application debugging and tracing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to service needs and project demands in a fast changing environment (must-have soft skill)
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
- Campaign Management tools, such as Unica (IBM-Campaign), Adobe
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilized and/or contributed to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!