Vice President, Engineering
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
You will lead a motivated, creative team to develop new products and product enhancements that result in customer success, increased market share, significant revenue growth, and improved company profitability.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Oversee the management of the global product technology organization of roughly 50 employees spanning architecture, UX, machine learning, development, front end engineering and QA teams.
- Be a resourceful, impactful and trusted advocate on behalf of the engineering/product function and ensure that engineering is a major voice in setting and developing the company’s roadmap. Within this will be the skillful balancing of product robustness with new features and customer requests.
- Spearhead, develop and maintain processes and procedures needed to ensure the stable and dependable growth of the function to meet the ever-growing demands of the business and its customers.
- Ensure the company’s continuous release schedule remains fluid, yet reinforced by a platform of process and infrastructure that promotes healthy growth.
- Review resource levels in the various teams and ensure that adequate resources (in terms of numbers, skill levels, experience, etc.) are available to meet current and anticipated workloads.
- Strengthen the scalability of the technology architecture.
- Manage team of engineers through hands-on leadership within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Help set the technical direction for the team, drive the evolution of the systems architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Institutionalize an engineering functional culture of metrics-driven management, processes, methodologies, and KPIs, with clear goals, objectives, and quantifiable milestones to enable growth and limit technology debt.
- Be part of developing a collaborative, engaging, and fun culture.
- Assure engineering teams are architecting and developing the best technical designs for reliability, usability, and scalability.
- Create and promote a culture that embraces quality
- Manage technology budget to plan, including 3rd party product/services portfolio.
- Set and manage expectations; communicate and execute goals within timelines.
What We're Looking For
- Capable of building, managing and leading a first-class global engineering function that will set the standard for the sector in terms of both innovation and outcome – must have a good track record in recruiting and developing excellent people. Team size 30+.
- History of strong leadership and driving change while maintaining a collaborative culture and team loyalty.
- Clear track record of leading successful, organized development teams in multiple locations with processes leading to rapid prototyping, testing, continuous releases / increments and launching of scalable and high performance products.
- Successful candidates will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, be detail oriented, exude passion, value client-experience andcustomer service, and thrive on creating leading products.
- Experience driving an efficient testing/performance strategy throughout an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others.
- A recognizable “player” within the field, who will be sought out by peers, analysts and opinion leaders alike. A thought leader.
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence. Someone who is smart, kind, competitive and wants to grow a company.
- Prior proven scale is a must.
- Will display the emotional intelligence needed to influence and direct a wide range of personalities, through a period of profound growth and change.
- A natural leader with superior communication skills; thrives when out in front of a customer.
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations.
- Will be culturally sensitive and a real ‘culture builder’ able to perpetuate an ‘under promise/over deliver’ culture within the team.
- A pragmatic approach coupled with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving objectives.
- Ability to teach, mentor, and develop rising talent across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelors in CS or related field. Masters in Engineering a plus.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time