Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
project44 is looking for a Vice President of Engineering with a proven track record that can bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to lead a strong Engineering team at a fast-growing tech startup. This is a senior leadership role focused on scaling the organization and practices and delivering best-in-class functionality and usability, with high quality, at a competitive velocity, managing direct reports and driving agile product delivery across multiple teams. The group includes teams that are responsible for both front-end and backend components for our Freight API SaaS service and partners closely with Product Management.
- Promote technical innovation and execution excellence to accelerate API adoption in the freight industry
- Build software solutions which meet and exceed operating targets of reliability and performance with global customers and integration partners.
- Attract, develop and retain a high performing team, offering ongoing feedback, professional growth opportunities, and overall career guidance
- Employ agile based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps
- Closely partner with product and business teams to influence product decisions, roadmaps and provide subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience with developing and shipping commercial B2B SaaS software applications, platforms and systems with paying customers
- Minimum 5 years in leadership roles of increasing responsibility and scope managing engineers and engineering managers and have directly managed groups larger than 50 people
- Track record of building credibility and trust with talented software engineers, peers, and cross-functional teams based on competence, not title or authority
- Managed groups across different geographic locations
- Expertise in deploying test driven development and automated testing across teams moving towards continuous delivery
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Dynamic & driven individual with enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, competing priority environment, capable of partnering with and communicating across multiple functions and teams
- Excellent communications skills and can speak directly to executives and customers in fast-developing situations, and write critical customer communications
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.