ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Vice President, SaaS/Automation Engineering
Seattle, SF-Bay Area (will consider remote)
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise cloud computing companies today with over $6 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $15+ billion in revenue. To accelerate our growth and deliver on our mission to make the world of work, work better for people, we’re hiring a dynamic engineering leader to:
- Lead us to the next level of SAAS lifecycle scale, performance and reliability through innovation and automation.
- Drive and Innovate the SaaS lifecycle scale, performance, reliability, and cloud infrastructure, define product direction, define architecture, and ensure quality of product.
- Mentor leaders, build high performing teams and raise the bar in engineering excellence of a Global Cloud Automation Engineering group
By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Join an already high-intensity, successful company in driving 2x revenues trajectory.
- Sign your name on the metal of high visibility, large scale, global development initiatives
- Revolutionize and move the needle in SaaS computing.
The Global Cloud Automation Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of Cloud Infrastructure and ServiceNow SAAS through zero touch automation. We are responsible for designing and managing the systems, services and networks connecting ServiceNow to the outside world. We scale far ahead of demand and are constantly innovating with our customers to deliver a seamless, efficient SaaS infrastructure.
As a Vice President of Engineering, you will be responsible for building and leading an engineering team in design and development of next generation of cloud infra platform and automations. You will lead by example on solving tough technical challenges and complex business problems in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing mission critical software solutions, a strong technical ability, excellent architecture and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience managing large (100+) software development teams delivering enterprise software
- 15+ years of experience designing commercial cloud, systems, and software products.
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, OpenStack, or GCP, etc.
- Strong familiarity with ServiceNow products or similar SaaS product stacks.
- Deep technical depth in the areas of network automation, network architecture and SaaS
- Highly motivated and passionate overachiever
- Metric-driven leader with excellent analytical skills and an ability to identify trends/anomalies
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus on results and execution
- Strong engineering vision, problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience managing teams, recruiting, mentoring, and leading a best-of-class engineering teams globally.
- Excellent communication skills to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century infrastructure computing challenges.Additional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.