Vice President, Software Engineering
Fast Radius is the leading provider of additive manufacturing solutions, including application discovery, product design and testing, and production-grade manufacturing. From entirely new products uniquely enabled by additive manufacturing to global supply chain solutions leveraging a virtual warehouse, Fast Radius brings the future of manufacturing and the supply chain to its clients. Last year, Fast Radius was recognized as one of the 9 companies best “implementing technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” by the World Economic Forum (WEF)—the only company honored that is based in North America. Fast Radius is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Singapore, as well as a production hub on-site at the UPS Worldport facility in Louisville. Visit www.fastradius.com for additional information.
Why Software Is Important To Us:
Fast Radius is fundamentally a data driven organization. From how we print our parts to how we interact with our clients, we believe that everything we do can be done better if we understand our processes and parts better. In order to achieve that goal we can’t use off the shelf order and part management systems. We know they end up creating data silos and slow you down in the long run. In order to build the manufacturing network of the future we need a custom software platform designed specifically for our company. We need a platform that integrates our sales process with our order tracking processes and finally with our plant so that we can have a complete real time understanding of how our business operates and how each independent process affects the parts we produce. We can’t do that without building our own tools.
- Be a critical leadership member of our software development teams as they continue to build and iterate the systems that make our company run
- Maintain the momentum of a high-performing team that has excelled in building the entirety of a software platform necessary to run a manufacturing company
- Work with recruiting team to grow and manage a world-class software engineering team
- Oversee product development from concept to mass production and sustaining
- Scale and aggressively grow the team while providing technical direction, guidance, mentoring and hands-on management.
- Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs, practice, and overall tea.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in a software leadership role
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ability to see the big picture and executing on overall product strategy, while focused on short-term objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated success bringing complex software systems from concept, through development, and into production
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects with tight deadlines
- Continue to attract talent of the caliber that will make Fast Radius nearly unrivaled in its achievements relative to its team size
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Plan
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth business and take on additional responsibilities as you prove yourself and become ready for new challenges
- Engaging challenges to tackle every day with other smart, ambitious, and motivated people
- Balance work and life with an unlimited vacation policy, office holidays, and flexible working options
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave with an option to extend up to 6 months under certain conditions
We’re an equal opportunity employer - we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic. We’re hiring based on the ability to do the qualifications listed above. We look forward to receiving your application.
Read Full Job Description