If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Chicago Solutions team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
The Video Systems Engineer will responsible for designing and implementing complex video surveillance solutions including, Video Management Systems, PSIMs, IP Surveillance Cameras, IP networks, DVR’s, Servers, Workstations, Storage, hardwired and fiber communication systems, and RF wireless communications.
- Working with Sales, Operations and Project Managers, to complete site walks to determine specific client needs and scope.
- Develop and maintain engineering designs, diagrams, and bill of materials.
- Assist with proposal generation
- Accurately estimate project engineering time effort.
- Provide technical support and advice to PM and Installation teams.
- Create project specific install plans, scope documents, and test plans
- Configure, integrate, and troubleshoot equipment as required; provides support and assistance to third parties for sub-contracted activities.
- Act as external liaison for customers’ general contractors, subcontractors and trades people as needed during the implementation and support phases.
- Provide customer and peer training
- Delivering professional presentations.
Position is based in Chicagoland area. Requires frequent travel to customer and installation locations within the Chicago area. Preferred candidate will be based out of Northern IL.
- Experience deploying outdoor Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point wireless solutions, preferably with Cambium networks.
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Working knowledge or certification for one or more top VMS (Video Management System) applications in the market Avigilon, Genetec, OnSSI, Milestone, etc
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar
- Working knowledge or certification from one or more cameras manufactures Avigilon, Axis, Avigilon, Pelco, Sony, Hanwha, Panasonic, etc.
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non technical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Troubleshoot/monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVP-TE, and LDP)
- Experience/knowledge in RF System Design (line of sight microwave propagation)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent engineering degree and 0+ years of experience
- OR 2+ years of Video System Integration, Solution Architect, Network Engineering, System Engineering or Wireless Communications Experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.