VP of Engineering at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a Director of Engineering to plan, direct, coordinate and oversee the Engineering department, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the company. The VP of Engineering will be responsible for guiding the company's product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards.
What you’ll do
· Establish strategic direction of the company's engineering and development initiatives and oversee the daily workflow of the department.
· Leading and architecting new development projects
· Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training department staff, as well as provide constructive and timely performance evaluations for internal and satellite teams
· Work cross-functionally with Product and Solutions Engineering teams to solve complex problems
· Follow agile engineering practices such as test-driven development, CI, and CD. Promote usability best practices
· Oversee the preparation and final approval of project plans
· Conduct or acquire cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
· Collaborate with the company's executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
· Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
· Establish, communicate, and implement engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
· Establish and administer the department's budget.
· Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development
· BS in a related field of Software Development with at least 10+ years of proven, relevant experience in a leadership position
- Hands-on Experience in cloud-native systems, micro services and event-driven architecture
· Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders
· Good knowledge, capabilities and skills in prototype ideation
· Understanding of technical architecture and Agile methodologies
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent communication skills with a team-oriented mindset
- Position requires flexibility to work outside of non-traditional business hours as required to perform job duties.
· Master's Degree in Technology, Computer Science or a related field
· Able to assess market conditions and technological innovations, think and act strategically and proactively, and convert strategic visions into actionable plans
· Able to participate in business development activities including sales engineering meetings
· Conducts business with honesty, personal integrity, and respect
· Able to effectively multitask in a dynamic, fast paced startup environment, working as both a self-starter and a reliable team player
· Understanding of IoT platforms and devices
· High-level knowledge of Building Automation Systems and networks
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
· Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
· Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
· Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
· Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program (after 3 months of employment) to help employees maintain work-life balance
· 2-way flexibility of work schedules
· Dressing for your day
· Enjoying family leave benefits
· Temporary transit benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.