ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Seattle or SF Bay Area preferred/Remote Possible.
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies today with over $5 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $10 billion plus in revenue.
To hyperscale, we’re hiring a Vice President of Cloud Observability to:
- Scale the organization responsible for telemetry frameworks used throughout ServiceNow’s infrastructure, cloud services, and products to capture, transport, store and analyze the telemetry data.
- Scale the observability infrastructure to support terabytes of logs and billions of metric data points daily.
- Shape the Observability team’s roadmap and vision.
- Create and evolve the culture of Observability across ServiceNow.
The Observability team is responsible for providing frameworks, tools, APIs and visualizations to allow all ServiceNow engineers and developers to better understand the behavior of features, services, and infrastructure they own and maintain. The Observability team helps teach product, infrastructure, and systems teams how to appropriately monitor features and services they own, provides visualization for monitoring distributed systems, reduces operational overhead, and helps deliver unmatched availability to our customers.
Lead an Observability team and create a culture where Observability is embedded in every facet of our service. This role will help allow teams to deliver highly available products and services at a scale that far exceeds our customer demand. By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Join an already high-intensity, successful company in driving 2x revenues trajectory.
- Build and cultivate a culture of observability across cloud infrastructure, services, and product teams throughout ServiceNow.
- Drive the roadmap for the Observability organization. Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building the right systems.
- Revolutionize and move the needle in SaaS cloud computing.
We need a leader with experience having designed, operated, and implemented Observability frameworks of very large scale, and well versed in the operation of scale architectures. You should have deep operational knowledge of SaaS or IaaS at-scale and how to avoid limitations through innovative design. Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century infrastructure computing challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing teams and delivering Observability on a global scale. Understand the Observability stack such that you can contribute meaningfully to architectural decisions.
- Experience in software engineering, networking, and distributed systems.
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities focused on scale, performance, reliability, efficiency, and product velocity.
- Experience growing and managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams.
- Experience building strong relationships within and across peer teams that foster deep engagement and delivering key technologies.
- Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical concepts both internally and externally.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.