Kalderos is scaling rapidly, and we need a VP of Technology with deep technology product development experience who can build and maintain a phenomenal team of technology experts and can ensure Kalderos existing and future solutions solve the challenging problems faced by drug manufacturers.
With the goal of being crowned king of the Drug Discount Manager category, it is essential that Kalderos moves rapidly to launch a new version of our core product, Grappa, that will allow Kalderos to expand our auditing and point-of-sale chargeback functions to additional discount programs large US pharma companies participate in. In addition, government focus on drug pricing means solutions that enable new ways of facilitating discounted pricing between the manufacturer and the patient must be designed, developed, and launched rapidly.
By enabling new types direct-to-patient and value based pricing arrangements to be implemented, and by building a smart infrastructure that ensures the right price or discount be applied to the right transaction, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that benefits patients (and is financially rewarding for the team members who help make it happen.)
The VP of Technology builds, develops, and manages the team that produces Kalderos’ world-class suite of software products. The ideal candidate is a proven leader who sets the standards for the way Kalderos software is developed, provides an environment for development teams to succeed and works cooperatively with other business units to exceed expectations when delivering scalable and reliable technology solutions to market.
Detailed Responsibilities to Include:
- Work with the Chief Technology and Chief Information officers to plan for and implement Kalderos’ technology strategy initiatives
- Build and maintain a top-notch team of software development engineers and other technical development resources
- Create a development environment focused on software quality, scalability and continuous integration
- Establish software development standards and align them with changing technologies
- Provide expertise and resources to the Project Management Office to ensure successful delivery of Kalderos software solutions
- Provide input for IT budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget
- Provide leadership in a fashion that supports Kalderos’ culture, mission and values
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have experience with guiding teams who have developed technology solutions in the US drug discount space and will possess the following attributes and requirements:
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels. You must be willing to do real work, and don’t need a big staff to get it done!
- Be able to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment where industry expertise, technology, and design share equal importance in the development of Kalderos’ solutions
- Lead in a manner consistent with Kalderos’ culture that fosters open communication, personal initiative, hard work, and gratitude.
- Analytical mindset with a demonstrated ability using data to influence decision making.
- BS in computer science or a related field and at least 15 years experience in the Information Technology arena
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellence in verbal and written communication with peers irrespective of technical background
- Proven record of inspiring and motivating development software development teams
- A passion for the craft and process of software development
- You are incredibly smart, highly analytical, and persuasive at the same time.
- You are comfortable working at a company that celebrates failure, and rewards success.
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and have a passion for new products and processes.
- Your team loves working for you. Your colleagues love working with you. Your manager cannot understand how they ever lived without you.
- You can set operational targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You motivate others. You communicate clearly. You inspire your coworkers.
- You identify problems and are decisive about communicating the problem with the larger team, ensuring the problems are corrected early.
- You cannot stand political games between departments and do not want to work for a company where inside politics drive actions rather than what’s best for the customer.
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You understand that you would not be successful without the team, and you are grateful to your team members who made you successful.
- You understand that continuous self improvement is part of life, and are willing to accept areas where you could be better and be willing to put in the work to improve yourself and those around you.
Read Full Job Description