Web Developer I at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is seeking a Web Developer I with a focus and desire to work within a web application development team with responsibility of developing & maintaining software including monitoring, resolving and communicating customer and application incidents related to Web and database applications for the Web Application Platform. The Web Developer I is expected to know and apply development standards and best practices and to keep current with emerging technologies; possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, great communication skills, and have enthusiasm for growth and tackling multiple complex projects within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The following outlines the principal work & responsibilities of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
· Hands-on working with web-technology projects, serving as a developer and support to production incidents on existing web and database applications
· Modify various functionality or maintain web and database applications per the requirements of the program
· Perform development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
· Perform extensive software testing and stringent quality checks as per the QC guidelines to ensure an error free as well as optimum final product to the user.
· Test applications and websites on different various devices and browsers to ensure a standard user experience for the clients across all platforms.
· Troubleshoot a variety of issues across multiple environments and determine best course of action, and provide analysis for Root Cause
· Create and follow SLA Adherence and develop runbooks to define the steps involved in monitoring and resolving incidents.
· Monitor and verify health checks of all sites and jobs (via tools) and raise appropriate alerts as per process and communicate to internal stakeholders
· Manage production alerts and take necessary action as per the run-book and follow-up until closure as per Standard Operational Procedure
· Clearly communicate technical issues verbally and in writing.
· Read and understand technical specifications and validate functions, data extracts and reporting based on defined business requirements.
· Internal stakeholder communications with respect to the daily production cycles
· Document all operational activities (Known Error Database, Reports, Troubleshooting Steps, Operation Manual, Important Mail Communications)
This role requires someone who has
· Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Ability to articulate technical problems and recommend best course of action verbally and in written form
· Ability to handle Level I (as defined by SLA) incidents
· Proficiency with C#, .net, Asp.net MVC, WebApi, HTML5
· Proficiency with REST API's using tools like Swagger, Postman.
· Experience contributing to, or modifying, application code and performing unit testing in AngularJS, Rest Web Services
· Proficiency with tools like Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure and Team Foundation Server.
· Proficiency in database technologies Oracle, SQL Server
· Familiarity with scheduling and job monitoring tools
· Professional fluency in English
· Eagerness to learn new technologies and domains
· Detail-orientation and ability to multi-task with good time management skills
· Comfort and desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
· Can-Do attitude, self-motivated, directed and team player
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and/or experience
· 2 - 5 years of Production Support work experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
· Experience or familiarity with various database technologies, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB are a bonus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.