Web Developer at One North
Enjoy building great things with great people? We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our tech team in problem solving, building, designing and architecting advanced technical solutions for our clients. Apply emerging tools and technologies, and grow your career, with an organization interested in seeing what you can do.
One North is structured in an open office environment with room to collaborate across a number of different teams and functions. Overlooking the Chicago River, our office is located in the loop of downtown.
- A love for the culture, process and craft of web development – we enjoy sharing what we learn with each other and the open source community at large.
- A true empathy for the client experience, appreciating what it takes to form long-term, deep client relationships. These are large-scale projects for high-profile clients, allowing you to take a consulting approach to your development.
- The ability to engineer for performance, maintainability and efficiency, while also creating beautiful end-user experiences.
This is a team sport:
- Work with architects, account managers, other developers and our clients to deliver full-featured, data-driven websites, utilizing the latest technologies, frameworks and tools.
Blow us away with your brain powers:
- Leverage industry-leading content management systems to focus on delivering new and creative solutions to clients.
- Utilize your deep knowledge of the .NET page lifecycle/MVC, of object oriented programming concepts, browser compatibility considerations and web performance optimization tools.
- Note: We will not ignore you if you have alternative, but relative, experience [Java, php experience, Python] – as long as you’ve got that solid background in tech with transferrable skills, a penchant for learning quickly and a passion for solving problems.
Your weapons (wield them wisely):
- Expert in .NET MVC, ASP.NET
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 (SASS)
- Extensive use of modern CMS systems (Sitecore, Wordpress, Drupal, Adobe CQ or similar)
- Broad knowledge of capabilities across different browsers, devices
- A desire to work in a place where creativity (and humor) is consistently appreciated
- Many of the items in the archives here: webtoolsweekly.com
- No web experience yet? We do love computer science degrees