Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a Web Engineer, you will build and support systems responsible for the acquisition of multi-million dollar monthly revenue. You will work on the latest front end technology stack and make decisions which will directly impact the final product. Following front end development best practices, you'll be responsible for developing frameworks that scale to the needs of other internal development teams at Vivid Seats.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Contribute to the design and development of our evolving inhouse marketing platform.
- Directly impacts the efficiency of the marketing team while creating a blueprint for future projects in the company.
- Implement your expertise for best practices in design patterns, code quality, testing, and innovation to keep our commitment of always putting our customers first.
How your role expectations will progress as a Web Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in:
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in:
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations, and design sessions.
- Delivery of stable and scalable front-end code for our inhouse marketing platform.
180 days in:
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impacts the team.
- Play an active role in continued learnings to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Have self-sufficiency in all applications touched by the team.
- Actively contributes into larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
What You'll Bring:
- A proven career building applications and services in React.
- Experience in designing, building, and testing of modern web solutions as part of an agile or cross functional team.
- Exposure to server-side web technologies (Node, Java)
- Experience with Next.js is a plus
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to document and share team best practices across the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.