Windows Mobile Software Engineer
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
As the Windows mobile software engineer, you will drive the overall direction of Yello’s Windows mobile applications. You will collaborate with mobile and product team members to design and develop high-quality features for the Windows mobile versions of our award-winning software, and use modern testing practices to maintain a high degree of stability.
The Windows mobile software engineer will:
- Build out a suite of unit tests to ensure application stability as new functionality is added to the applications over time
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to provide estimates for upcoming development timelines
- Work with production support team members on issues that require advanced troubleshooting
- Collaborate with test engineers to integrate a modern, automated test suite to cover feature testing and UI testing
How You'll Make An Impact
Your passion for Windows mobile development will help you convert business requirements to technical specifications for upcoming features, to build high-quality software for Yello’s Fortune 500 clients.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of C# experience developing Windows mobile applications
- Understanding of development targeting Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface
- Familiarity with using Visual Studio to develop mobile applications
- Experience working with SQL databases and formulating basic queries
- Knowledge of typical software development processes
- Experience working with JSON and REST API technologies
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience deploying Mobile Apps to a Microsoft Surface
- Knowledge of developing on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- Familiarity with common issues that arise in Windows mobile applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, sprints, planning meetings)
- Comfortable with covering newly written features in unit tests
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time