Wordpress Developer at Visibly
Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Wordpress Developers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features, plugins and functionality for our Wordpress e-commerce websites. You will work with Woocommerce to create a consistent e-commerce experience across websites as well as creating and maintaining a suite of custom plugins. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll manage infrastructure and deployments as well as maintaining well-documented, reusable and transferrable code.
All levels (e.g. junior, mid, senior) are welcome to apply. The team will evaluate your level and compensation package as part of the hiring process.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience with PHP/Wordpress is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- Front-End: In-depth experience with front end technologies including CSS3, HTML5 and jQuery
- Back-End: Experience with PHP, Wordpress and the Woocommece plugin
- Experience with GIT version control
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Ability to manage projects
- Good communication skills
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- Work from anywhere, but be available via Slack and video conferencing
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience and/or interest in working with Digital Ocean, GridPane, CI configuration, New Relic, Rollbar and similar services
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.