Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description Responsible for ensuring that critical Card and Bank legal and compliance risks are tested by the 1st line Testing Utility Team and driving strategies to address gaps. Responsible for developing the annual testing plan for 1st line testing, completing risk assessments, ensuring issues are appropriately tiered and remediated. Researches emerging regulatory risks and reports recommendations and observations to senior management. Oriented toward preventing consumer harm, detecting consumer harm, and ensuring compliance issues are properly remediated.Responsibilities
- Works with process owners and General Managers on requirements of relevant regulations, company policies and standards related to risk and control testing. Ensures effective identification and implementation of remediation efforts to manage compliance risks and control standards. Monitors the risk and control environment for weaknesses and identifies solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls. Conducts regular risk assessments on Card and Bank products to ensure the appropriate risks are identified for testing. Oversees timely development and completion of annual Testing Utility plan.
- Works with process owners and General Managers on the requirements of company policies and standards related to Risk Reporting, Consumer Impacting Events and Issues Management. Manages timely, accurate creation and distribution of CIEs, and monthly risk reports; discusses results and trends with DFS leaders. Oversees the timely completion of consumer remediation projects Ensures a detailed escalation plan is in place for risk issues and leveraged when necessary.
- Completes complex projects for both Card and Bank processes to ensure all relevant Compliance risk are appropriately identified and tested and provide relevant reporting on progress.
- Develops metrics, standard work and SLA’s for the business units supported to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management Operations areas, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management Operations areas, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- Certification in RMS – Certified Risk Management Professional, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.