Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo is looking to immediately fill a new role on our accounting team. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to fill a position on our continually growing Accounting & Finance team, based in downtown Chicago. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and through to the Director of Accounting. Your main priorities will be to prepare monthly account and bank reconciliations, assist in preparing support to fulfill compliance and audit requirements and participate in operational projects.
- Reconcile cash on a daily basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations to be reviewed by Accounting Manager
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations to be reviewed by Accounting Manager
- Prepare internal documentation of current processes
- Reconciling intercompany and carrier payment accounts
- Assist with payment processing for operating expenses
- Assist with fulfilling requests to complete compliance and audit requirements
- Assist in other accounting and operational projects
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate accounting
- Team player, recognizes and supports team goals over individual goals
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks
- Implements and upholds company values
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Communicates effectively with various team members
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.