Optiver is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Accountant to join our team. As Accountant, you will prepare and analyze financial statements, record transactions to the general ledger and play a key role by supporting the core functions of our finance team.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and maintain support for month-end journal entries and close processes.
- Prepare reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and tie-outs for income statement accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of daily net capital reporting.
- Assist in daily consolidation reporting to group holding company.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and daily cash reporting deliverables.
- Assist with annual budget, quarterly forecasting and variance analysis.
- Drive for continuous improvement within our finance team.
- Prepare and maintain audit support throughout the year – liaise with external auditors as needed.
- Support the preparation of various tax deliverables
- Create and update process flow documentation
- Support finance team and other departments with ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Assist accounts payable as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 2 years of experience
- Financial services and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- Strong track record of identifying and implementing process improvements
- CPA certification preferred
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, individual able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.