Sprout Social’s Finance team isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. We’re building out financial systems to support every business product, so our Staff Accountant gets a granular view and understanding of how a business scales from the ground up. Although we might live in spreadsheets and provide financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our customers with care.
Since this role is about raising the bar, we’re looking for someone with past experience in Finance/Accounting within in a high-growth technical company (tools, best practices (US GAAP), relevant laws and regulations, etc.) and a strategic lens (connecting day-to-day work (account reconciliation, journal entries, etc.,) with bigger-picture organizational objectives).
Sprout Social is used by 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
If you’re looking to grow your accounting skills with a best in class team who is supporting global expansion, we’d love to talk to you!
Within 1 month, You’ll:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance team’s goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout’s overall business objectives.
Within 3 months, You’ll:
- Be proficient using Sprout’s accounting software (NetSuite) to record journal entries, build reports, and retrieve data needed to perform financial analysis.
- Partner with Finance team to support month end close and create monthly financial reports.
- Prepare account reconciliations for various general ledger accounts
- Maintain our fixed asset ledger and prepaid schedules, reconcile credit card activity and bank accounts.
Within 6 months, You’ll:
- Fully own your assigned close processes for Sprout Social and our subsidiaries
- Collaborate across the business obtain, review and validate data needed to complete various financial reporting tasks
- Use account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and identify potential issues
- Assist in other accounting areas and close processes as needed
Within 12 months, You’ll:
- Be able to support the annual audit process
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!