Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
What you do at Avant:
- The analyst will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements and company policies
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and related footnote disclosures
- Routinely communicate with decision makers within the organization relating to financial close, issues and deliverables
What you might own at Avant:
- Prepare analysis and record journal entries for areas such as accruals, payroll, investments, revenues, and other assets
- Address tight deadlines with a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and account reconciliations
- Assist with implementing procedures for new products such as deposits
- Support the timely completion of the year-end financial statement audit
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4 yr. Degree in accounting or finance
- You have 2-3 years of experience working at a public/venture backed company or public accounting firm
- Tech savvy and mastered Excel. Familiar with key functions (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, etc.). It is a plus if you’ve worked with NetSuite, FloQast, or WDesk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and effectively communicate with all staff levels
- Dependable, organized, motivated and trustworthy
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.