We are currently seeking an Accounting Analyst who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies. They will work with Associates and Senior Analysts, middle- and upper-management within our client companies, and internally within AGA to deliver data reports to AGA clients. This role will help drive results within the business by providing accurate and timely data through ownership of the full revenue cycle and payables. They will assist in executing monthly close activities, financial reporting, and providing other decision support to leadership.
While Accounting Analyst must have business analytic and accounting skills to be successful in this position, they must also have the interpersonal skills required to present their data to the clients’ management teams. They must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and provide a high level of quality support to team members, management, and our clients.
Projects might include:
- Financial statement preparation, account reconciliation, accounts receivable follow-ups, AP processing, and payroll processing
- Reviewing current accounting procedures and implementing efficient improvements
- Preparing reports, budgets, cash-flow models, and supplemental reporting to verify that data is correctly posted and transactions properly classified
- Verifying report schedules, ensuring that reports sent to clients are accurate and sent within scheduled time frames
- Performing monthly close activities
Accounting Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or Accounting. Degrees focusing on accounting strongly preferred
- Analytical skills to research and resolve inquiries/data.
- Organizational skills to provide client reports within scheduled timeframes.
- Self-starter, creative, and thrives under limited supervision
- Pro-active approach to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required; experience with other Microsoft Office products and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks).
- 1-3 years experience
Job Type: Full-time
About The Firm:
Accelerated Growth Advisors (AGA) was founded in 2009 with the mission of assisting entrepreneurial organizations to execute their vision. We develop and execute creative strategies that enhance business performance with a focus on revenue growth and profitability enhancement. AGA partners with companies who have made it out of their “start-up” phase, and are working on their second stage of growth (typically between $5-$300MM in revenue). Our clients face various business challenges (expansion into new markets, acquisitions, fundraising, turnaround, etc.), but our firm’s value proposition is always the same: We allow our clients to focus on growth, while ensuring that their organizations are structured to execute to that growth effectively. The best part is, not only do we get to work with dynamic companies every day, we are part of one ourselves.
About Our Clients:
We've earned the trust and respect of some of the most highly regarded founders, investment entities, and board members in the Midwest. We aren’t the only ones who think our clients are exceptional. The companies and teams we partner with have been featured on the Inc. 500 list, Crain’s 40 Under 40, Shark Tank, the Wall Street Journal, and CNN (among many others). Our clients are seasoned, entrepreneurially-minded leaders who recognize that sustaining growth requires a strong strategic, financial and operational infrastructure. They understand that having the right people and processes within that infrastructure is integral to success.
About Our People & Culture:
As great as our clients are, the success of our own firm is driven by two things – people and culture. Many companies use the mantra “client first.” We are not such an organization. We unabashedly put our own team first. Our clients come second, and the firm itself third. The logic is simple: If our team is constantly learning, growing and fulfilled…our clients garner tangible results because they get to work with a skilled/driven team. If our team delivers tangible results to our clients, our clients reward the firm.
Our culture is about personal development. Our goal is to “Accelerate Growth,” not just for our clients, but for our team. In fact, at the core of our leadership development plan is the philosophy of servant leadership which mandates a focus on development of the team. We work hard to maintain our culture by executing consistent monthly trainings, bringing in outside speakers, holding “one on ones” with leadership, and many more. We invest heavily in growing our team because that’s what grows our firm.