Accounting Analyst at RXBAR
We’re looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our Finance Team in Chicago, IL.
RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth requires increased support for our accounting functions and trade spend management. The Accounting Analyst will investigate and analyze outstanding customer deductions/charge-backs to determine validity for our Club and Mass customer channels. In this role, the analyst will work with Sales and Finance to ensure appropriate documentation is completed and communicated to customers, courteously dispute invalid deductions with customers, provide insight to Accounting and Sales on process improvements to more effectively organize, analyze and validate deductions.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and can process large volumes of transactions with high levels of accuracy. Ideal candidate will have an entry-level accounting or finance foundation and is looking to expand his or her knowledge of retail in the consumer goods industry while sharpening his/her accounting and finance skills. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes and is resourceful will excel in this role.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with A/R processes including processing payments, posting daily cash, and collections
- Review and validate trade spend deductions against promotions and customer contracts
- In accordance with company policies, resolve customer deductions and charge-backs in a timely manner
- Interact with customers daily regarding open balances and any ongoing trade disputes
- Ensure that the sales team appropriately documents all agreements to both direct customers and indirect/end-user customers such that they can be validated as incurred
- Assist with maintenance of the database of all customer contracts/agreements
- Organize and prioritize all outstanding deductions and report results and issues on a periodic basis to accounting and sales
- Respectfully dispute invalid charge-backs with customers and track status of collections on such charge-backs
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and credit memos
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures (including financial statement audits) and other special projects as needed including but not limited to the implementation of our new Trade Promotion Management and Cash App management systems
- Daily interaction with a variety of internal departments including but not limited to Sales, Revenue Management, Accounting and FP&A
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in an analyst-level role (strong internship experience will be highly considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to work independently and organize/prioritize large volumes of deductions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- High-level understanding of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Strong excel capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Evidence of ‘customer first’ values and behaviors
- Understanding of the EDI process and various trade spend scenarios used in the food and beverage industry, including agreements with indirect/end-users preferred
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Embrace RXBAR’s core values
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge and an excitement for growing our business
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
About us: RXBAR is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS. RXBAR simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.