Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, both internally and externally. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
What you Will Do
- Responsible for journal entries and reconciliations related to the grocery line of business including but not limited to prepaids, accruals, and fixed assets
- Assess accuracy of invoice coding and journal ledger detail
- Assist with preparing analytical reporting for the grocery line of business
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Maintain controls and procedures
- Assist in establishment and preparation of work papers and reconciliations to assist in auditing and period closes
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed
What You Will Need
- 1-2 years of accounting experience in accounting firms or corporate accounting preferably with experience in inventory accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software XERO/Quickbook/Tableau
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.