Dynamics of the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join the fast-paced Consumer Segment Accounting team. In this role, you will use your accounting and finance knowledge to prepare and review the financial statements of the Consumer Segment. The team is considered a critical business partner and you will have regular opportunities to work with different functions and individuals within the segment.
The Team’s Focus
The Consumer Finance group partners with the Consumer business segment to provide financial insight into business performance while helping inform and support decision-making processes. The team is responsible for preparing the monthly financial statements, performing variance analysis, providing audit support and assisting with customer contract administration. Team members also have opportunities to interact with senior leadership and participate in Consumer business projects beyond finance.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Assist with the month end close process by preparing journal entries and performing variance analysis
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations
- Prepare, review and distribute customer invoices and respond to customer inquiries
- Support internal customers by researching questions, preparing analysis and/or investigating variances
- Prepare payment performance reporting for website business
- Support the internal and external audit processes
- Assist in the documentation of procedures and controls
- Work on adhoc projects and requests as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong attention to details and capable of analyzing data to spot trends
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion and Blackline a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.