Accounting Intern (Summer 2021-Remote) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add an extraordinary remote intern to our Accounting team.
What is an Accounting Intern?
As an Accounting Intern at Clearcover, you will be a part of a high-energy, ever-changing environment. You’re a self-start who has the ability to build things from the ground up and develop on your own ideas. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and has a passion for learning. You will directly report to the Head of Accounting and work closely with our account & finance teams.
What will you do?
- Assist with the monthly financial close process
- Assist with completion of monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of required Statutory insurance filings
- Accounting and finance related project work
What do you need?
- Rising college senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Recent college graduates and masters students are also encouraged to apply.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions
- Proficiency with Excel
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay
- 12 week summer internship
- Remote experience
- Exposure to a startup company
- Understanding of the insurance industry
- Collaborative team culture
- High-energy work environment