THE OPPORTUNITY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VelocityEHS Accounting & Finance Team is comprised of professionals who are hungry to learn and contribute to the growth of the Company and the Team. Combined with a collegiate and casual atmosphere, an Accounting Intern will gain valuable business experience during their pursuit of an accounting or finance degree. Just think, while your fellow classmates are simply learning about accounting systems during classroom lectures and study sessions, you will be trained hands on to use leading technologies within a fast growing technology company! The result is a more enriched college experience that should better prepare you for future endeavors in the accounting and finance fields. And if you are tired of the dorm food, this is a paid internship which means you can better afford those late night pizzas and lattes.
We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and want to find out what real bean counters are like, then check out the details below and apply now.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Daily Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Data entry and reporting within our Intacct financial system
- Customer Database updating
- General office tasks—filing and mailing
- Assist in special projects and analysis as time permits
Minimal Skills and Qualifications
- Current undergraduate student with at least 1 year of collegiate level classes in pursuit of a business degree
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work 20 hours a week
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing bachelor degree in accounting
- Bookkeeping or related experience
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Intacct
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience taking ownership of issues and following through to completion
- Experience motivating self while working independently; can also be an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.