Are you ready for a unique professional challenge?
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Accounting skills? Are you looking for an Accounting role experience that isn't like any other company? We are looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
From tax to treasury and FP&A to A/P, our teams connected to Finance manage monetary complexities at a global scale in a new business category that continues to expand. At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Accounting team members get a granular view and understanding of how a business is built from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. Accounting Managers lead the day-to-day management and supervision of our Accounting teams around the world.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will be a key member of the North America accounting team; focusing on monthly, quarterly, and annual close (US GAAP) process
- You will act as a point of contact for internal and external audit activities
- You will effectively maintain local internal control environment and ensure compliance with SOX
- Manage a team of staff and senior accountants and provide guidance to assist in their career development
- Collaborate with corporate accounting, finance, tax, treasury, and systems teams
- Assist in development and implementation of new or enhanced processes, in order to improve workflow efficiencies
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and financial statement analytics on a monthly basis
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- 5-7 years of accounting experience (1-2 in a supervisory role)
- Big 4 experience is preferred but not required
- CPA required
- You're seeking to be a part of a collaborative but driven Accounting department
- You're comfortable with MS Office, with Excel being your secret favorite
- Working knowledge of NetSuite accounting system a plus
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're curious, enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.