The Team: Morningstar's US Shared Services Accounting team is responsible for the end-to-end Quote-to-Cash processes from auditing client contracts through to billing clients and related collection's activities. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.
The Role: This is an Accounting Manager role that will work within the Revenue and Receivables team and will report to the Accounting Director. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our internal teams to process sales contracts and record the related invoicing and revenue. You will work collaboratively with multiple departments to understand, assess, and improve revenue and receivable processes. This position is based in Chicago.
• Work closely with various departments, such as Legal, Sales and Deal Desk and support the billing and revenue team by researching and analyzing revenue recognition issues, identifying key risk areas, contemplating alternatives and providing recommendations.
• Assist with contract negotiation by participating in discussions, reviewing draft contracts and providing recommendations.
• Audit final contract data against opportunity information entered in the Company’s SalesForce CRM application to ensure accuracy of information used for internal and external reporting.
• Review contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with the Company’s policies and U.S. GAAP.
• Complete fair market value allocations for multiple element arrangements and assist with preparation of revenue recognition memos and documentation of accounting conclusions.
• Prepare month-end revenue accruals, monthly revenue reports and account reconciliations.
• Assist with client invoicing process.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams formed to address business process improvements in the revenue and receivable area.
• Support and maintain strong internal controls for our Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and ASC-606 compliance process.
• Seven to ten years of experience in an accounting or related position.
• Ability to communicate clearly, work in a team-environment, and assume additional responsibilities over time.
• Familiarity in applying revenue recognition principals related to software, service contracts, and multiple element deliverables.
• Experience with SalesForce.com, Oracle’s Contracts, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management modules is a plus.
• A CPA or other accounting certification is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity